Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Канадские МССЕЕ, MCCEQ1, MCCQE2 или американские STEPS.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Канадские МССЕЕ, MCCEQ1, MCCQE2 или американские STEPS.

Друзья,помогите пожалуйста принять правильное решение.

Я иммигрирую в Канаду и решаю к чему лучше приступить к канадским экзаменам или к американским. Сомнения возникли из-за того, что в Канаде попасть в резидентуру - что-то из области фантастики, поэтому и думаю о США. Но здесь проблема, 2 года из 5 я должен быть в Канаде, чтобы не потерять статус резидента страны, а только ч/з 3 прожитых в Канаде лет могу подавать на гражданство. Поэтому переезд в США в это время ставит под угрозу мой гражданский статус, а с др. стороны переезд в США просто необходим как можно скорей чтобы пытаться попасть в резидентуру, как я понимаю.

Кто сталкивался с подобной проблемой или знает где я могу найти информацию по этому поводу, плиз отзовитесь.

Правда ли что канадские экзамены дают право подаваться р резидентуру в США?
    Last edited by Jamm; 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM.

Доброго времени суток,

смотрите этот форум ('поиск - search') -все здесь неоднократно и подробно обсуждалось.
    Удачи!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamm View Post
      Друзья,помогите пожалуйста принять правильное решение.

Я иммигрирую в Канаду и решаю к чему лучше приступить к канадским экзаменам или к американским. Сомнения возникли из-за того, что в Канаде попасть в резидентуру - что-то из области фантастики, поэтому и думаю о США. Но здесь проблема, 2 года из 5 я должен быть в Канаде, чтобы не потерять статус резидента страны, а только ч/з 3 прожитых в Канаде лет могу подавать на гражданство. Поэтому переезд в США в это время ставит под угрозу мой гражданский статус, а с др. стороны переезд в США просто необходим как можно скорей чтобы пытаться попасть в резидентуру, как я понимаю.

Кто сталкивался с подобной проблемой или знает где я могу найти информацию по этому поводу, плиз отзовитесь.

Правда ли что канадские экзамены дают право подаваться р резидентуру в США?
      At this moment citizenship is a priority. Since you have to be in Canada for 3 years, you probably will have sufficient time to complete both.

The other option would be to pass USMLE and get residency on H1B in US. For that you do not even have to go to Canada. It might be even beneficial to stay where you are so you keep continuity of your medical career.

Comment

Originally posted by ussedm View Post
        At this moment citizenship is a priority. Since you have to be in Canada for 3 years, you probably will have sufficient time to complete both.

The other option would be to pass USMLE and get residency on H1B in US. For that you do not even have to go to Canada. It might be even beneficial to stay where you are so you keep continuity of your medical career.
        Ussedm, thanks a lot for your answer. But the point is that I don't work a s a doctor currently. Now I'm out of medical practice. How can it influence the outcome of my case?

Comment

Ussedm, thanks a lot for your answer. But the point is that I don't work a s a doctor currently. Now I'm out of medical practice. How can it influence the outcome of my case?
          1. USMLE 1 and 2 CK
          2. MCCQE part 1
          3. apply for residency in both countries

Comment

Originally posted by ussedm View Post
            1. USMLE 1 and 2 CK
            2. MCCQE part 1
            3. apply for residency in both countries

ussedm sorry, but what does it mean 1 and 2 items?

Comment

1-американские экзамены
              2-канадский экзамен.

Пока вы будете готовиться и сдавать все эти радости года два пройдет точно, а то и 3. Так и получите свое канадское гражданство...

Comment

I had the same question when I just started my process. I passed MCCEE , then all Steps, (it took 2.5 year) and applied to the US residency. So, at time, when I had to move to US, I already get Canadian citizenship. IMHO, citizenship is very important, and 3 years is not that much time, if you need to start from the early beginning (I assume it if don't know what does MCCQE etc means ).
                Take you time, study hard for USMLE, get the best result (>90-95) and apply for residency. Check with Royal collage of Ontario if they accept US steps. They started to make some changes in the system a few years ago, I am not sure how far they went, but they was announcing that Steps is acceptable for Ontario, not sure about other provinces.
                Good luck!

Comment

MCCEE - Medical Consul of Canada Evaluating Exam (similar USMLE step2CK)
                  MCCQE part 1 - Medical Consul of Canada Qualifying exam part 1 (similar USMLE step3)
                  MCCQE part 2 - Medical Consul of Canada Qualifying exam part 2 (similar USMLE step2CS, but much worth, it includes discussion with an examiner, physician, re: dif. diagnosis, treatment plan etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Libra View Post
                    Check with Royal collage of Ontario if they accept US steps.
                    Yes, they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorlum View Post
                      Yes, they do.
                      great! hopefully they accept it all over Canada and people will be able to apply in Canada as well as US at the same time and get more chances for residency.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra View Post
                        great! hopefully they accept it all over Canada and people will be able to apply in Canada as well as US at the same time and get more chances for residency.
                        That's not what I meant. Ontario accepts USMLE AND american residency\fellowship for practicing in the province. You CANNOT enter the canadian residency with USMLE. If you are getting a statement of need from Canada you will need to pass one of the canadian exam (I don't remember which part). Other provinces might have different requirements. I haven't checked yet.

Comment

That's not what I meant. Ontario accepts USMLE AND american residency\fellowship for practicing in the province. You CANNOT enter the canadian residency with USMLE. If you are getting a statement of need from Canada you will need to pass one of the canadian exam (I don't remember which part). Other provinces might have different requirements. I haven't checked yet.
                          Guys, thanks a lot for your support!! Gorlum, where can I find this info to get acquainted with it fully?

Comment

2 years ago Ontario was requesting MCCEE + USMLE steps for applying to a residency. Some other provinces also started to change the rule at that time (to accept steps instead of MCC exams). But there was another situation about fresh post residency physicians from US. They had to have 1 more year of residency in Canada in the same specialty, or 5 years of experience in US (something like that, I don't remember exactly). But again, all of these are 2 -3 years old information. I hope that things changed better now.
                            All information should be on there web (it was retarded one in the past, because of the constant changes, hopefully it is more correct now).

Comment

Gorlum, where can I find this info to get acquainted with it fully?
                              You have to write to every province (i.e. royal college of physicians and surgeons of ontario) and ask 'em questions. They make a decision on individual basis as they say. There was a committee about my case last year and they gave me a license with steps. I had to write a letter explaining that USMLE are compatible with the canadian exams.

Comment

Working...
                              X