X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris
    started a topic New elections 2008

New elections 2008

All RAMA Board of Directors members should go through elections every year, but RAMA by-laws do not specify how many terms they have to serve. The President on the other hand can only serve two terms, so Konstantin Slavin will be stepping down and we will have to elect a new President in Boston in October.

Any candidates? Any of you want to serve on the Board of Directors?

We have more than 400 members but far from everyone will participate in the conference, so we may have to use mail-in voting.

• Boris
    replied
    The new Board of Directors of RAMA was elected today in Boston. The list is above. The first meeting will take place immediately after the conclusion of the conference tomorrow.

Congratulations to the new President and Board members! We have our work cut out for us.

Leave a comment:

• Boris
    replied
    RAMA BOD 2009

Here is the election proposal for the RAMA Board of Directors for the 2009:

2009 RAMA Board of Directors

President - Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD

Neurosurgery
    Chicago, IL

Immediate Past President and
    Chair of the Membership Committee - Konstantin Slavin, MD

Neurosurgery
    Chicago, IL

Vice President - Yakov Elgudin, MD, PhD, FACS
    Cardiothoracic Surgery
    Cleveland, OH

Secretary/Treasurer - Elena Polukhin, MD
    Rehabilitation Medicine
    Minneapolis, MN

Chair of the Grants and Awards Committee and
    Editor-in-Chief of the RAMA Journal - Nikolay Vasilyev, MD

Research
    Boston, MA

Chair of the Education and Research Committee - Lyuba Varticovski, MD
    Research
    Bethesda, MD

RAMA Help Initiative - Vladimir Bogin, MD
    Research
    Richfield, CT

Chair of the Students and Residents Committee - Alex Schevchuck, MD
    Medicine
    Albuquerque, NM

Chairman of the Board - Boris Vinogradsky, MD, FACS
    General and Trauma Surgery
    Cleveland, OH
    Last edited by Boris; 10-04-2008, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Konstantin
    replied
    thank you!:redface:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Frankly, in my opinion, it is almost impossible to find somebody else with such a charismatic, enthusiastic, professionally accomplished, and helping personality like current RAMA president.
    The both of you, Boris and Konstantin, look like a perfect match for each other and RAMA!:-)

Leave a comment:

• Boris
    replied
    Dear doctor_sword,

I am not sure if my answer will satisfy.

People are very different, some are more interested in receiving, and some find happiness in giving (btw, the second group lives longer). I do not know, if RAMA can provide any tangible benefits, but we got together to help others. It was always the driving idea. None of the Board members, Forum admins etc. receive any money for their work. People join RAMA because they want to support the organization that supports them - we try to help people pass the exams, find residency, other jobs, provide contacts and simply moral support (some people live in areas where there are no Russians, some people just arrived and do not know anyone). There are many other things.

We publish RAMA Journal that helps people who never dreamed of publishing in America to get it done. RAMA helps people who have ideas and projects to get those projects going. Most things become possible when a national organization backs them up.

Conferences are mainly organized for educational purposes, i.e in Chicago we had a very advanced scientific agenda, excellent presentations etc. The second reason - networking - people who do charitable and other work with Russians in America and in Russia meet and start working together. It is simply fun.

Leave a comment:

• doctor_sword
    replied
    Я вот давно читаю этот форум - очень много полезной информации и неоценимый опыт многих людей. Как говорится, респект и уважуха модераторам и админам, но главное тем людям которые посещают и пишут. Но вот что даёт членство в RAMA и посещение конференций никак не пойму - разьясните непутёвому.

Leave a comment:

• Konstantin
    replied
    Participation in the Board means "participation" - we look for active people who are ready to pick both authority and responsibility.
    Please nominate your friends - or yourselves - if you are willing to dedicate part of your time to the Association.
    Keep in mind (and this has been said many times already) - you do not have to be a practicing physician to become a member or getting involved! Waiting for passing steps / matching / graduating / passing boards, etc. to become RAMA member or active participant in RAMA work does not make any sense! Get involved now! You'll help others - and yourself!

Leave a comment:

• u33
    replied
    I am the youngest Board Member both in terms of age and experience. I am also going into residency and understand I will be very busy.
    But if possible, I would like to keep serving on the Board and will do as much as I can to help the Association (including running the Forum and RSO project)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X