Reflections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections

We checked in a Hyatt Harborside Hotel - what a great view of downtown.

The meeting of the Board of Directors went well and everything is now ready for the conference tomorrow.

The welcome dinner was at the Red Sky Boston Restaurant first, but it was too noisy and we moved to the McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Quincy Market, right next to the Faneuil Hall.
    Respectfully,
    Boris

Tiptoeing through the minefield without a minesweeper...

To all conference participants:

Please, post your opinion and thoughts about the conference. The good, the bad and the ugly...

One of the best things about the conference today was its "real" content - we were talking about projects ran by people, who care, who spent their time, money and a lot of energy, helping others. The discussion was very interesting and engaging. We ran overtime and finished the first half of the day at 3PM instead of noon. We had real round table discussion that we had to stop by force. It was very very different from previous conferences.
    Respectfully,
    Boris

Comment

I am very glad I was able to make it to the RAMA meeting this year. I have never been to the RAMA meeting before but what I saw was very different from any meetings I attended. It is very refreshing and I am very happy I am a part of this organization.

Comment

We figured out that our most strong suite is - humanitarian work and culture-sensitive medicine issues here at home. We think that those topics will dominate the agenda of our next meeting in DC next year.

We plan to register RAMA for work in Russia. The first project will be the conference in Krasnodar.

We also plan to start an educational project - "RAMA University" and develop RAMA Journal into a much larger publication.
        Last edited by Boris; 10-06-2008, 02:10 AM.
        Respectfully,
        Boris

Comment

I attended this Boston Conference for the first time and I was so much impressed by the williness of members of the Association to share their knowledge and experience with others. I agree that humanitarian help projects and intercultural studies are the hub of this Association; and lets work together as people of different specialties or even professions to support this noble goal. Thank you, Boris Vinogradsky, Konstantin Slavin, Yevgeniy Khavkin, Alla Gordina, Yakov and Larissa Elgudin, and many others for the great work within the Association and on the Conference.

P.S. My daughter really enjoyed the plush lobsters!

Comment

Working...
          X