Announcement

Collapse

Please read this first!

This forum cannot be used as a sole source of clinical advice. All clinical questions must be referred to your personal physician also.
See more
See less

Adenoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adenoma

Nobody answered my previous question, but I will try again anyway, because it is a lot more difficult to get an appointment with a doctor.

What is the best treatment for the adenoma of the prostate/BPH? I am affraid to have surgery.

Arch,

The most effective medical therapy for BPH, and I would strongly suggest this approach before any considerations of surgery, is to start on one of the alpha-blockers (Tamsulosin (Flomax) etc.), which work about 80-90% of the time and are effective within a few days! These are better than 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (Finasteride (Proscar) which take months to work and are only effective in about 30-40% of the patients. Because of the effectiveness of medical therapy, these days only about 20% of our BPH patients ever require surgery/TURP.

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/FLO1180.HTM

Boris Vinogradsky, MD
    Cleveland, OH
    Respectfully,
    Boris

Tiptoeing through the minefield without a minesweeper...

Comment

This website is scheduled for maintenance from 8 am Saturday, January 10, 2015 through 8 pm Saturday, January 10 (Eastern Standard Time). The website will be unavailable during that time.

More...
      Как стать врачом в США

Comment

For updates on the impact of Winter Storm Juno on USMLE administrations, please go to the Prometric website (for Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 3) and the CSEC website (for Step 2 CS).

More...
        Как стать врачом в США

Comment

Admin, mozhet kak-to ubrat' eti organizacionnye voprosy iz vetki s voprosom, chto cheloveku delat' s ego BPH? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X