Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are our travel/eras expenses tax deductible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are our travel/eras expenses tax deductible?

Коллеги, не знаю, задавался ли подобный вопрос- можно ли попробовать списать eras expenses и travel expenses как tax deductible? Кто-нибудь так делал?

As you know there are two ways to determine your tax deductions: to use a standard deduction and to use so-called itemized deduction. When I was looking for a residency, I learned that you need to spend a big chunk of money on job hunting to have your itemized deduction be large than your standard one.

The easiest and the most reliable way to figure it out for your personal case is to use TurboTax (turbotax.com). You go online and try both ways; Turbotax does not charge you a penny if you do not submit your forms.

Comment

You can deduct your expenses only, if you form a business venture, i.e. "Mitkul Inc." or "Mitkul, LLC", or "Mitkul, LLP" and claim this to be work-related expenses. Talk to your accountant. If you do not have one you can talk to RAMA Accountant - Ben Jonozzo, CPA - bjonozzocpa@buckeyeweb.com
      Respectfully,
      Boris

Tiptoeing through the minefield without a minesweeper...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
        You can deduct your expenses only, if you form a business venture, i.e. "Mitkul Inc." or "Mitkul, LLC", or "Mitkul, LLP" and claim this to be work-related expenses. Talk to your accountant. If you do not have one you can talk to RAMA Accountant - Ben Jonozzo, CPA - bjonozzocpa@buckeyeweb.com
        Thank you, Boris! I just heard the same from my boss I understand nice lunches are also included...

Comment

Борис, спасибо большое! Будем говорить с нашим accountant.

Comment

Working...
          X