Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can someone stay in the US during year on tourist visa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can someone stay in the US during year on tourist visa?

On one hand the answer is clear: as long as indicated in I-94form. But what is the whole amount of days this person can stay in the US during a year?
    On the other hand the situation is the following: my mom comes to visit my family several times a year (she is planning her work schedule a year in advance, so pls help us to find correct answer). Every time on the board the offers gives her 6 mnths of stay, but she stays only for a month. So if she stays for example for 6 mnths, can she come to visit us for example in a month again and will she get again permission to stay for 6 mnths in I-94?
    Where can I officially get the correct information regarding this?
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

when I was traveling on a tourist visa, I was able to stay for 6 months. I think in American Embassy website in Moscow you can read it. In fact, I know for sure, since I am planning to bring my mom to stay with us for 6 months.
    My husband's mom is from EU, and she doesn't need a visa, so she can stay with us for 4 months.

Comment

Thank you for the answers, but they all present different information. Official document showing how long can you stay in the USA is I-94 form with the stamp which is put by an officer at the boarder at an airport. So on B-2 visa my mom (for every person this permitted period of stay is different) every time is given 6 mnth as the purpose of her visit is to visit the family. So if she uses all these 6 mnth of stay at once she won't be permitted to enter the states for the other period during calendar year? Or this decision depends only on the personal view of the officer at the boarder? Do they have any guidelines to make these decisions?
      We are not talking about immigration, purpose of the visit- to see the family.
      Thank you in advance for any information on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by rediski View Post
        So on B-2 visa my mom (for every person this permitted period of stay is different) every time is given 6 mnth as the purpose of her visit is to visit the family. So if she uses all these 6 mnth of stay at once she won't be permitted to enter the states for the other period during calendar year? Or this decision depends only on the personal view of the officer at the boarder? Do they have any guidelines to make these decisions?
        We are not talking about immigration, purpose of the visit- to see the family.
        Thank you in advance for any information on this matter.
        If your mother will stay all 6 months (according to I-94), after she'll fly home for a month and come back, she has very high risk to get rejection from border officer and take first fly home (i know one similar story). Also if she would be long time in USA (6 and more months for one visit) she'll have high risk to get rejection in her next us visa. Do you want it for your mother? I don't think so. So, i recommend you don't play with DHS or embassy.

Comment

Working...
        X