Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• О переводе врачебного диплома в ПА

Я дико извиняюсь,если тема уже была.
    Я просмотрела,и все темы заканчиваются тем,что убеждают сдавать УСМЛЕ)
    Я для себя практически закрыла этот вариант по многим причинам. Хочу узнаь побольше о ПА.
    Погуглила,и сделала следующие выводы:
    1. Найти школу,которая поддерживает программу перевода диплома ИМГ
    2. Отпавить креденшиалс на эвалюацию в специальное агенство,чтоб они оценили
    3. Сдать ТОЕФЛ
    4. Добрать часы в американской школе.
    Кто проходил? Правильно ли я поняла?
    Подскажите,плииииз!

You mean Physician Assistance? You ask the right questions and you understand it correctly. I personally do not know anybody who did it this way recently. What I meen by that.More then 10 years ago friend of mine passed USMLE with low scores, did not firnd residency....but was accepted in PA program without any classes right away. It does not work this way now. I consider this option for myself like back up. Even if you have USMLE sertificate they do not care... go to community college ang get fresh credits! It will take at list 2 years if not more and 2 years PA program itself,4-5 years total. I still do not give up with USMLE. PA is an option but it takes also a very long time. It is a matter of your choise and decision.
    Last edited by olga pediatrician; 05-15-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for reply,Olga.
      yes,I meant PA)
      So basically,it sounds like theres no really way that IMG diploma helps?.. Sounds like you have to go to school for several years anyway?..
      Because I thought its like 6 months or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Irina Sun View Post
        Thanks for reply,Olga.
        yes,I meant PA)
        So basically,it sounds like theres no really way that IMG diploma helps?.. Sounds like you have to go to school for several years anyway?..
        Because I thought its like 6 months or something.
        I'm sure the programs differ. This is Drexel: http://www.drexel.edu/physAsst/progr...nt/admissions/

they call it Master of Health Science with Physician Assistant certificate - by default graduate degree, which can't be less than 2 years and requires only 4 years in college (IMG MD is way more :

The intensive curriculum consists of 117 quarter credit hours of professionally related coursework over a continuous, 27-month period (the part-time option requires an additional calendar year). Students gain an understanding of both the health care system within which they will work and the functions appropriate to the role of the physician assistant. The curriculum is divided into 12 months of didactic courses followed by 15 months of supervised clinical practice.

Comment

Guys,
          where is the best way to look for the programms? Google gives very poor result.

Comment

Originally posted by Irina Sun View Post
            Guys,
            where is the best way to look for the programms? Google gives very poor result.
            U PA schools est' svoy application process tipa kak ERAS dlya residency u med grads. Eto nazyvaetsya the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA): http://www.caspaonline.org/ Podaesh' v neskol'ko program, mozhet, gde-to voz'mut, konkurenciya tozhe nehilaya. U kazhdoj programmy svoi requirements, nado sootvetstvovat': nu, k primeru, GRE test score, prereqi, sroki i t.p.

Comment

I did it finally and love it, job is the same, money close to what i would make as a primary doc or pediatrician. Highly recommend it. took altogether 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by asya19 View Post
                I did it finally and love it, job is the same, money close to what i would make as a primary doc or pediatrician. Highly recommend it. took altogether 4 years.
                Hi,
                Could you kindly tell where did you obtain your degree? How long did it take,was it easy to get accepted?

Comment

Working...
                X