Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who needs a hospitalist job in California? I might help

Hello my freinds!
    It is has been 6 months since I started my new job as hospitalist ..and I love it! During my first year of residency I thought about going to primary care, then during second year realized that for me it will be boring. Yet until I started I wasn't sure 100% how it will go. But I can tell now I made a right decision. I like acute hospital setting, Like to make quick ds and help emergently. I still follow up on my patients after they are discharged. yes I am one of those crazy ones who keeps log of patients names and then check what happened to them.
    I am writing this because just 1 year ago I was desperate to find any information about positions in California. I contacted some of our graduates that wouldn't either answer to me or their answers were really dry. Plus needless to say when you do residency in anoter state it is not easy to travel for every singe interview.
    So I decided to go for kaiser. I knew it is a stable company and the benefits are awesome. Plus compensation is pretty good too.I like the fact that the patient load is realtevely low -around 12 pt a day. Any job has pros and cons , so does mine. But I feel it definitely has more pros.
    I work in Vallejo, which is in San Francisco bay area. I live in Walnut Creek though since the school district is much better there. So if anybody is interested we have openings now
    You can contact me for any additional information

Kali, udachi vam. I spasibo za post.

Comment

Is it easy to find a job as a hospitalist after family medicine residency?

Comment

There are many RAMA members working as hospitalists in different cities. Galina Glovatsky, MD is a Chief Hospitalist at the lake Health System in Cleveland. She is great.
        Respectfully,
        Boris

Tiptoeing through the minefield without a minesweeper...

Comment

Originally posted by LanaZhukiv View Post
          Is it easy to find a job as a hospitalist after family medicine residency?
          more difficult but not impossible . I know several people in my department who finished family medicine program and work as hospitalists

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
            more difficult but not impossible . I know several people in my department who finished family medicine program and work as hospitalists
            Agree. I personally had several interviews for hospitalist position after FM residency, but decided to go to urgent care instead.
            Last edited by Alex75; 09-19-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I am still a resident, small community hospital in NYC. Just signed contract for third year of residency .... And started to think about job. My main question what I should do to improve my resume as hospitalist. 1.5 year left of residency life... I understand, board, letters.. there is no way for central line practice in our hospital, surgical residents dont allow even to approach... And what about article competition , are they important?

Comment

It has been year and a half since my last post, a lot of family circumstances so didn't check the website for a while. Now browsing through internet checked on my post back then... Well what can I say I still love working as a hospitalist and I love pretty much everything except ...my leadership. I am sure most people would say no big deal but the problem is it got to the point that I have to leave. We have a crazy head of the ICU and the rest of leadership just simply cowards. I am looking around but it is tough to make a right choice. It would be great to find other people in my area so we can share our knowledge and experience.
                Kristina, if you are still reading the website I am apologizing for the delay. Central lines are not mandatory in our hospital but we have to perform thoracentesis , LP and paracentesis if needed. Nobody cares about articles)
                P.S. I recently recalled one of the RAMA members Julia M , unfortunately she ran into similar type of problems in residency which is even worse than my situation. I was thinking about her. Anybody knows how it worked out for her?
                The only conclusion my friends is that even here there are a lot of unreasonable malignant people and we all have to be careful around it. I was trying my best to play political and all but I guess they can just feel it when you are not one of them..

Comment

Thank you , Kali!!! Yes, people are very important. I just wonder how sometimes you are telling to your colleague - resident some idea, and then she is going to attending and presenting my idea as her own thoughts. Even better than.... Attending was coming to me and trying to teach me what I had told before... What could I say.... Thank you for teaching me.... . It's happened about" no EKG changes with circle endocardial ischemia. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina View Post
                    Thank you , Kali!!! Yes, people are very important. I just wonder how sometimes you are telling to your colleague - resident some idea, and then she is going to attending and presenting my idea as her own thoughts. Even better than.... Attending was coming to me and trying to teach me what I had told before... What could I say.... Thank you for teaching me.... . It's happened about" no EKG changes with circle endocardial ischemia. "
                    same old, same old... email + cc'ing work well on good idea authoring even after expressing it verbally first, IF it's deadly important... non-working team/leadership remedy is moving on

Comment

Working...
                    X