Announcement

Collapse

Sharing and/or soliciting copyrighted material is prohibited

You are not allowed to share links or request to share any copyrighted material, which includes (but not limited to) books, software, videos, exam simulation etc.

На это форуме запрещаются запросы или обмен ссылками на нелегальные книги, программы, видео-лекции, симуляторы экзаменов и т.п. Участники, повторно уличенные в этом, будут отстраненны от пользования форумом на длительное время
See more
See less

Материалы для подготовки и CID form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutritius, какие CCS cases, которые надо прочитать , ты имеешь в виду? на сайте usmle?

Comment

Да, именно они - на сайте. То есть это не те, которые ты через программку на рабочем столе открываешь. По-моему, они становятся доступными после того, как ты на сайте UW вводишь свои логин и пароль. И естественно, уже должна быть купленная подписка на UW step3.

Comment

Its been over a month that I started step 3 prep. Have some questions. Please share your opinion if have time!!

1. The qbank seems very similar to ck. I have done only about 20% of UWORLD. I am getting about 65-70% (first round, timed, unused, all topics). Based on your exam results and your uworld stats on first round, what would you say about my progress? Good? Bad? Should I worry?

2. More important question is CCS part. So far I have some problems with that guy. The software particularly.

- First of all rolling the time? So lets say you made your initial order list and need the results. How far should you roll the clock? Or you order tests, say ABG. Sould I know the frequency like every 2 hours or every 8 hours fro each condition? Or should we memorize the follow up terms for specific cases (follow up in 10d, 3 weeks etc). How have you approached this issue?

- Sequence of actions. There are obvious things of course. Ex-> if unstable patient you do your ABCs then focused exam then additional tests and management. But some things are not explained in uworld cases so i read and try to create a sequence of actions and cant decide about some things. So any tips on this issue? Or maybe there are some other good materials that explain how to approach and prioritize your steps

<> Generally are readout cases + software cases enough? Did you guys have cases very different from those in uworld? General principals will help you do the most of any case but there are some specific things for each pathology that could be memorized from practice material but if you get a completely "unfamiliar" pathology it could cause some issues on the exam.

Comment

1. From my and some other people experience, nothing would really prep you for those question, if you know ck stuff, guidelines etc, you are good. The only thing you can prep for is statitistics.

2. I advanced time usually to the next result available. I don't remember memorizing any followup, just use common sense. Crush step 3 CCS book can help. Some cases were quite different, like not very usual presentation of the disease, for some I needed to know really advanced guidelines, but overall it was easy and straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaducey View Post
            1. From my and some other people experience, nothing would really prep you for those question, if you know ck stuff, guidelines etc, you are good. The only thing you can prep for is statitistics.

2. I advanced time usually to the next result available. I don't remember memorizing any followup, just use common sense. Crush step 3 CCS book can help. Some cases were quite different, like not very usual presentation of the disease, for some I needed to know really advanced guidelines, but overall it was easy and straightforward.
            You mean prepare for step 3 specifically? It is the same as ck? No way to improve the ck result on step3? So if thats the case you'll get approximately the same results as in ck because its not about your knowledge, its about your reasoning abilities which will stay the same all the time no matter how much you learn.

What do you think about doing the second round of u-world? Is it helpfull for improving you test taking skills or its a waste of time? I have never done second rounds because always thought that my % will bumb up drastically and give me a false sense of improvement when the reason is just remembering your mistakes in particular questions.
            Last edited by drrabbit; 05-08-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Yes that was exactly what I meant

Comment

Thank you, man. Checked out CRUSH step3, so much better than readout cases! Love it!
                Last edited by drrabbit; 05-12-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X